Our editor-in-chief Nate Yapp is proud to have contributed to the new book Hidden Horror: A Celebration of 101 Underrated and Overlooked Fright Flicks, edited by Aaron Christensen. Another contributors include Anthony Timpone, B.J. Colangelo, Dave Alexander, Classic-Horror.com's own Robert C. Ring and John W. Bowen. Pick up a copy today from Amazon.com!
Full Details for "Death Proof" DVD
Genius Products and The Weinstein Company have sent us the full specifications for the two-disc special edition of Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof, coming out September 18th, 2007. Death Proof, the second half of the retro double feature Grindhouse, follows a creepy stunt driver whose taste for stalking lovely young ladies gets him into big trouble when he tangles with the wrong gang of badass babes. Their confrontation escalates to an extended mano-a-mano car chase with one of the girls strapped to the hood of a thundering Dodge Challenger.
The set will feature:
- The Unrated Extended cut, with nearly thirty minutes of additional footage (including the "missing reel")
- Three Dolby 5.1 soundtracks: English, French, and Italian
- English and Spanish subtitles
- "Finding Quentin's Gals" featurette
- "The Guys of Death Proof" featurette
- "Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike" featurette
- "Introducing Zoe Bell" featurette
- "Quentin's Greatest Collaborator: Editor Sally Menke" featurette
- Double Dare fake trailer
- International Poster gallery
Suggested retail price for Death Proof is set at $29.95, so expect to pay between $22 and $27 dollars at retail (preorder from Amazon.com).