Ten Years of Classic-Horror.com
Here we are, ten crazy years after a naïve sixteen-year-old started the website that would eventually become Classic-Horror.com. Back then, I just wanted a corner of the Internet to express my half-formed opinions on the genre that I loved. I had no idea that it would still be here ten years later or that it would take me all the places it has taken me. I have no interest in rehashing the past decade, though. I would like to say that I am deeply grateful to the friends, family, writers, and readers who have helped make Classic-Horror what it is today.
Over the next few weeks, we'll be running a few special features to celebrate this momentous occasion. However, the first thing you've probably already noticed is that we've changed our look. I wanted to give Classic-Horror.com a touch more visual pizazz, ensure the organization of the site was intuitive, and make the site overall easier to use and enjoy. I think I've succeeded. Some of the features we've added include:
- A brand-new header, featuring our new mascot, Ray the Rampaging Revenant.
- A standardized layout for the reviews, newsreel, and Masters pages.
- Bigger, easier-to-read font.
- The ability to comment on our reviews as well as our news stories.
- Complete removal of ads. We've also put in a donation box on the sidebar.
There's much more, of course and I encourage our readers to explore and discover all the different alterations we've made. If you have any comments on the new design, please leave us a message via our Contact Page.