The Week in Classic Horror: April 19 - 25, 2009
We've been generally inconsistent in posting these and for that I apologize. However, given all the neat stuff coming up over the next few months (announcements to be made soon), well, the trend is unlikely to change. So let's get down to some of the stories posted last week that were of note to fans of classic horror movies.
News and Trailers:
- Bloody-Disgusting reported that the Ju-On franchise is alive, kicking, and spitting out two more entries this June.
- ShockTillYouDrop posted a new Trick 'R Treat trailer. The best part is the end, when it announces a DVD release date for the long-delayed horror flick.
- Tenebrous Kate, my sneaky co-conspirator in future awesomeness, went to the Chiller Theatre Con and all we get is this awesome report.
- The trailer for Rob Zombie's H2 has been posted.
- So has a trailer for a bizarro Japanese film called Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl. Fair warning now: this is not safe for work. It's barely safe for continued sanity. And if you have any problem with arterial blood spray... well, we warned you!
- DVD Drive-in wants more Midnite Movies and so should you! Head on over and find out how what you can do to get this great line of DVDs going again.
Commentary and Wackiness:
- The Vault of Horror finds a fanvid that should've been the real trailer for Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.
- Author and occasional Classic-Horror contributor Joseph Maddrey ponders the greatness of Neil Marshall's The Descent over at his own blog.
- What's this tumbling out of Zombos' Closet of Horror? Why, Twilight Zone Bobbleheads!
- Horror blog aggregation site HorrorBlips asked some of the top genre bloggers to predict the summer’s hits.
- Author John Kenneth Muir celebrates four years on the blogosphere.
- The Vault of Horror:Johan Soderqvist's score for Let the Right One In
- Cinema Suicide:The Burrowers
- The Sci-Fi Block: The Curse of Frankenstein