Our editor-in-chief Nate Yapp is proud to have contributed to the new book Hidden Horror: A Celebration of 101 Underrated and Overlooked Fright Flicks, edited by Aaron Christensen. Another contributors include Anthony Timpone, B.J. Colangelo, Dave Alexander, Classic-Horror.com's own Robert C. Ring and John W. Bowen. Pick up a copy today from Amazon.com!
Theme Week: "Are You My Mummy?"
It's time for another good ol' tried-and-true theme week. Five days, five reviews. This time around, we tackle the ancient Egyptian (and occasionally Mayan) menace, the mummy. Swathed in bandages, he roams the desert (or countryside or swamp or whatever) killing anyone who disturbs his tomb (or steals his treasure or absconds with his beloved princess or uses the phrase "Do the needful").
- Monday, June 30th: The Mummy's Hand (1940)
- Tuesday, July 1st: The Mummy's Tomb (1942) plus bonus Lon Chaney Jr. Masters bio.
- Wednesday, July 2nd: The Mummy (1959)
- Thursday, July 3rd: Blood from the Mummy's Tomb (1971)
- Friday, July 4th: Bubba Ho-Tep (2002)
Other Mummy reviews in the archives: